6 October 2019
My Very Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
Flax seeds, ground
Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix the flax seed and water with a fork, letting stand for 10 minutes.
- Soften the butter, using the wrapping paper to grease your cookie sheet.
- Mix the flax seed mixture, butter, vanilla, sugar and brown sugar together in a medium bowl.
- Mix the salt, baking soda and about a cup of flour together, then gradually add it to the wet ingredients.
- Keep adding flour a little bit (about 1/4 cup) at a time until the mixture is stiff so that the peaks in the dough don’t fall, but still moist and not crumbly.
- Add the chocolate chips and nuts, mixing thoroughly.
- Spoon out 12 lumps about the size of ping pong balls onto your cookie sheet.
- Put into the oven for 7-8 minutes, removing when cookies are just beginning to brown on the bottom.
- Let sit for 1 minute, then remove from sheet and place on cooling rack.