My wife has become an outstanding baker of bread in the Ken Forkish fashion using her sourdough starter. The copious amounts of discard also provide opportunities for treats like cinnamon rolls and these pancakes. Additional starter can replace a portion of flour and water at a ratio of 1 part flour to 1 part water.
- Mix dry ingredients in large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix wet ingredients.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Water can be added bit by bit to achieve the desired thickness.
- Grease a cast iron pan or griddle with butter and heat on medium-low until the butter just begins to brown.
- Pour about a 1/4 cup of batter onto sizzling butter.
- Flip when bubbles start to appear, about 30-60 seconds.
- Let cook about 15-30 seconds and remove from pan.
- Serve with syrup, berries, bananas, etc.